Email still the most popular method for driving B2B business online
For B2B businesses what is the most affective way of reaching your potential target market? As this article suggests over 92% of companies rely on email marketing to drive sales and engage with their customers and its also the most cost effective.
92% of B2B digital and ecommerce professionals rely on email marketing to promote online sales, according to new data from Accenture. Other traditional channels used are mailers used to promote website products (86%) and telephone online sales support (84%). ‘Channel Shift: Measuring B2B efforts to shift customers online’ shows that B2B buying of goods and services will grow in similar ways that B2C online shopping has. 68% of B2B buyers purchased online in 2014, up from 57% in 2013. Half expressed that their online spend would increase over 2015. Despite this, the study found that about 81% of participants still receive over half their income through offline sales and channels. 64% of respondents cite ‘long-term customers resistant to change’ as a barrier which could explain this, but many also recognise the issue is due to internal staffing, an online systems:via Email still the most popular method for driving B2B business online – Marketing Magazine
- 42% say their sales organisation is resistant to to drive customers online or support online sales,
- 38% say customers have security concerns,
- 36% say their websites aren’t easy to use, and
- 20% say adequate technology hasn’t been implemented to handle large volumes of online sales.
- 45% have dedicated employee involvement,
- 43% have an effective and easy to use website, and
- 25% use social media.